Pages

Sunday, March 13, 2016

Diary Blog Post

March 12, 2015

Dear Diary,

        At 9:30 in the morning, my dad woke me up to help him do something. I didn't know what we were going to do until I got into the car. My dad needed help moving/building desks, moving/building chairs, and cleaning up his new half of his office building. At first I thought it would be easy and quick, but it turned out to take 6 hours.      

        First, we had to go rent a uHaul truck to move all the stuff from our shed where it was delivered. We rented a pretty big truck, so it only took two trips. Loading the truck took forever though, so transporting everything to the office took about 3 hours. Second, we started with the desks. I would drill in the screws and he would plug all the pieces together, then we would finish it by putting the actual desktop on top. Third, I built chairs. While my dad was throwing out all the boxes from the desks and other furniture, I was putting together chairs for the desks. I could build one about every 10 minutes, and I only had to build 6. The chairs were the quickest part. Then we finally had to clean the place, which only took 20 minutes.

        And this is a normal weekend for me.

4 comments: